One of the biggest advantages of building a relationship with your clients is that it allows you to get their life time value and do business with them over and over again. This is why relationship marketing is highly important. Relationship marketing and establishing a good foundation are two areas you should be focusing on if you want to see better results from your business. To improve your relationship with your clients, you can use the following three simple tips to developing a great referral program:
1. Make it easy! What is it that your clients really want? They want an easier way of doing things. Give it to them. Offer them a simpler way. Avoid confusion in the process altogether.
2. Give your clients a reason to be loyal, by giving them what they want. Giving something of value to your clients free of charge will not only gain you their respect but also their business. We all love getting things for free, especially when they are of our interest. Don’t send the message that you’re trying to take advantage of your clients by offering them freebies that are useless but instead show them how much you appreciate them by giving them something of value to them. This is a gesture that can really be appreciated by your customers.
3. You must understand that relationship marketing is so effective because it allows you to reach out to new clients through the power of referrals from existing clients. Every contact you make with a new person has the ability to spread the word about your services through his/her contacts and this process can become viral.
4. It only takes that first customer to get things rolling in a business that utilizes relationship marketing. Relationship marketing is a great way to grow your business right out of the gate. There really isn’t a better way to get the word out about your business and products.
5. You also should understand that not all relationship marketing has to do with the marketing you’re used to. In a real way you’re building a relationship with people and not marketing. It’s easy to sell your services to existing clients, and that is why you should never drop the relationship marketing ball with them. It doesn’t matter what services you provide, you can get more out of your efforts if your clients start seeing you positively.
You have the unique advantage of knowing your customers on a personal level. Give them more than they expect and watch as your customers begin to do the marketing for you.
Ballo0ons. Yes – balloons. Have balloons with your logo, phone number etc at your open house. Kids love balloons. When parent’s come over to your open house and they bring their kids – offer them a free balloon – they will be walking with your name out there all day long – and you don’t have to pay them!
Business cards. Now don’t just leave those cards in your pocket! Give them out, to anyone, everywhere. Heck, just leave them laying around, or in library books, or anywhere your potential clients may see them. Everywhere, all the time.
Cost $60/250, $80/500
Flyers. Community cork boards are everywhere. Try putting up a flier or two on these boards…cheap and easy, and you never know who will read them. Local Starbucks or other coffee shop might be willing to put a flyer of your local listing. It never hurts to ask!
Reciprocity Advertising. Talk to local business owners and explore cross promotion you may be able to do with them. Add their coupons to your fliers/postcards. They are probably in the same boat as you, and would be willing to work out a “scratch my back and I’ll scratch yours” type of marketing campaign. How hot are deals on livingsocial or groupon?
Video Testimonials / Interviews. Better than just you on video ask some satisfied client to take part in an interview where they talk about you and what you do. This is the best social proof that you don’t suck! And don’t forget to put it on your FB page, website, blog and anything else you can think of.
Prior to going on the actual listing presentation make sure you have a color brochure of the property and make it the first page of your marketing plan/listing presentation. A picture of the front of the property would suffice. You can also copy the front picture from Google Maps (ask me how). You can add other pictures after you get the listing.
This strategy says you’re prepared and ready to begin marketing now.
Have it designed by a professional to distinguish yourself from the competition.
The cost of $25/page is nearly nothing, but can significantly increase your chances for getting the listing.
Give your sellers a stack of business card size cards with a picture of their house and some basic information on the front and your contact information on the back. Instruct them to give those cards out to everyone they come in contact with. Just about everyone knows someone who is looking for a house and a business card is so convenient for passing around!
Cost: $60.00 / 250 cards – including design,printing & delivery
firstname.lastname@example.org | 562.666.1496